This episode is about mobile apps in research software engineering. Not surprisingly, there is an increasing demand for mobile apps by researchers. In this SORSE event from February 2021 I am talking to Adrian Harwood, Patricia Barnby and Mark Turner how their teams at the University of Manchester and the University of Newcastle deal with this.
We also talk about a subject that will sound very familiar to engineers developing mobile apps: native iOS, Android development or cross platform solutions such as React Native or Xamarin.
- The RSE Team at Uni. Manchester, UK https://www.itservices.manchester.ac.uk/research/
- The RSE Team at Uni. Newcastle, UK https://rse.ncldata.dev
- SORSE events 2020/2021 https://sorse.github.io
- Developing mobile apps with Xamarin https://dotnet.microsoft.com/apps/xamarin
- Developing mobile apps with ReactNative https://reactnative.dev
And of course native Android and iOS development:
- Android https://developer.android.com
- iOS https://developer.apple.com
Thank you for listening and your ongoing support. It means the world to us!
You can also support our efforts by leaving a rating or review.
Follow or contact us on
This podcast is licensed under the Creative Commons Licence: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/